Dealing with loose motion can be uncomfortable and inconvenient, but there are several natural remedies such as lemon juice, salt-sugar water, yogurt, bananas, pomegranate, etc that you can use to treat this common condition and get back on track to feeling your best.
- Lemon juice, yogurt, bananas, and pomegranates are some of the natural loose-motion home remedies that can be used to treat moderate episodes of diarrhea at home.
- When employing home treatments, it’s crucial to exercise caution, such as drinking plenty of water and seeking medical attention if symptoms don’t go away.
- Although loose motion can often be treated at home, if the problem persists or gets worse, it is important to visit a doctor.
What is Loose Motion or Diarrhea?
Three or more frequent, watery bowel motions per day are indicative of loose motion, often known as diarrhea. It can be brought on by a number of things, including infections, food intolerances, drug side effects, and underlying medical disorders.
What are the Symptoms of Loose Motion?
Following are the symptoms of loose motion.
- Frequent passing of loose
- Abdominal cramps and pain
- Weakness and fatigue
- Loss of appetite
- Blood or mucus in stools
- Foul-smelling stools
- Bloating and gas.
If symptoms increase or persist, it’s crucial to consult a Diarrhea specialist because prolonged diarrhea can cause dehydration and other problems.
Home remedies can be a helpful tool for finding relief from loose motion and stomach pain, which are two additional issues that need to be addressed.
Home Remedies to Treat Loose Motion Immediately
Drink plenty of water, consume ginger or chamomile tea, and eat bland foods like bananas, rice, and toast. Here you go with the most effective dysentery home remedies;
1. Lemon Juice: An Effective Home Remedy for Loose Motion
Lemon juice is an effective remedy for treating loose motion.
- Natural compounds included in lemon juice may aid to lessen intestinal and stomach inflammation.
- Additionally, it has a lot of vitamin C. This vitamin helps boost the immune system’s functioning. A strong immunity helps fight against viruses and bacteria that lead to infectious diseases in humans.
- Take a glass of warm water and squeeze one lemon in it. You can add honey and salt for added flavor.
- Take this sip by sip two to three times daily or until symptoms get resolved.
2. Bananas for Loose motion
Bananas contain pectin, a soluble fiber that absorbs excess water in the intestines and helps to firm up loose stools.
- Bananas’ potassium helps replenish the electrolytes that are lost during diarrhea.
- Ripe bananas can be consumed raw or mashed and combined with curd or yogurt to boost their nutritional value.
- Eat just ripe bananas; eating green or unripe bananas can make your motions more lax.
- Consuming a few bananas each day will speed up recuperation and aid with loose motion problems.
3. Salt-Sugar Water: Homemade treatment for Loose Motion
Salt-sugar water is one of the most effective dysentery home remedies for treating loose motion as it helps to replenish lost electrolytes and fluids.
- To make, combine one liter of heated and cooled water with six teaspoons of sugar and half a teaspoon of salt.
- To avoid the symptoms of loose motion and to stay hydrated, sip on this mixture frequently throughout the day.
- Using too much salt or sugar might exacerbate the symptoms of diarrhea or further dehydrate the body.
Have a look at – Lomotil Uses, Side Effects, and Price
4. Fenugreek Seeds to Relieve Loose Motion
Fenugreek seeds are rich in mucilage, which can help to soothe and coat the lining of the intestine, reducing inflammation and irritation.
- Fenugreek seeds can aid in regulating bowel motions and preventing constipation.
- These seeds can help with loose motion if you soak them in a cup of water overnight and then sip the solution in the morning, empty-handed.
- As an alternative, you can grind the seeds into a fine powder, add a teaspoon to a glass of buttermilk, and drink it twice a day.
- Fenugreek seeds can only be used in moderation and should be avoided if you have a peanut or legume allergy because too much of them can upset your stomach.
5. Yogurt: The Probiotics for Treating Loose Motion
Yogurt contains beneficial probiotics that can help restore the balance of good bacteria in the gut and alleviate diarrhea.
- In addition to lowering inflammation and boosting the immune system, yogurt’s living cultures can also aid.
- Yogurt that hasn’t been sweetened or added to is best because it won’t make you feel queasy.
- For added advantages, you might also mix some honey or bananas into your yogurt.
- It’s crucial to pick fresh, never-expired yogurt and to stay away from any that smells funny or tastes weird, or has been sitting out for too long.
- Consider lactose-free yogurt or non-dairy options like yogurt made with coconut or almond milk if you have a lactose intolerance.
6. Using Honey to Alleviate Loose Motion
Honey is known for its antibacterial properties, which can help fight off the infection causing loose motion.
- The stomach lining is also soothed, and it aids in lowering inflammation, which relieves the symptoms of diarrhea.
- Due to the possibility of botulism, honey shouldn’t be given to infants younger than one year of age.
- Drink warm water with 1-2 tablespoons of honey dissolved in it several times throughout the day to cure loose motion.
- To increase the advantages of the honey-water mixture, you can also add a dash of cinnamon powder.
You may also read – Effective Natural Remedies for Loose Motion
7. Cumin Seeds for Loose Motion
Cumin seeds contain compounds that can aid in digestion and have anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce diarrhea symptoms.
- Simple and efficient cumin consumption for diarrhea alleviation involves boiling a teaspoon of cumin seeds in a cup of water to make cumin tea.
- Tea containing cumin may also lessen cramping and stomach pain brought on by loose motion.
- Drinking cumin tea twice or three times daily can help control bowel movements and lessen loose stools.
- Other meals and drinks, such as buttermilk or yogurt, can also aid the digestive system by adding cumin.
- It is crucial to remember that cumin seeds might not work for everyone, and if symptoms increase or persist, you should consult a Diarrhea doctor.
8. Pomegranate Juice: A Natural Remedy for Loose Motion
Pomegranate juice contains tannins that can help to firm up loose stools.
- Pomegranate juice’s antioxidants can lower intestinal inflammation and enhance overall digestive health.
- Natural medicine made from pomegranate juice has no negative side effects.
- Additionally, a wonderful source of vitamins and minerals that might help with general wellness is pomegranate juice.
- Pomegranate juice, which can be consumed in quantities of 1-2 cups daily, can aid with mild cases of loose motion.
9. Mustard Seeds to Treat Loose Motion
Traditional medicine has historically utilized mustard seeds to treat a variety of illnesses, including digestive problems like loose motion or diarrhea.
- High concentrations of mucilage-containing chemicals found in mustard seeds can aid to coat and calm the lining of the digestive system.
- Additionally, mustard seeds have antibacterial and antifungal characteristics that can help counteract the underlying reasons for loose motion.
- The consumption of mustard seed tea can assist in reducing intestinal inflammation and enhancing general digestive health.
- To help with loose motion symptoms, mustard seeds can be used in dishes like soups and stews.
- It’s vital to remember that mustard seeds should only be ingested in moderation and not in excess because doing so can have a laxative impact.
Give two minutes reading to – Stomach Acidity: How to Avoid Acidity During Intermittent Fasting?
Precautions to Take when Using Home Remedies for Loose Motion
Take certain care to protect your safety and health when utilizing home treatments to stop loose motion fast. Some safety measures to remember are:
- Avoiding Dehydration: Dehydration may result from excessive fluid loss brought on by loose movements. To replace lost fluids and electrolytes, it’s critical to consume enough liquids, such as water, coconut water, or oral rehydration solutions.
- Discontinuing Home Remedies if Symptoms Persist: Home treatments for loose motion may help some people, but not everyone may experience success. It’s vital to stop trying home remedies and visit a doctor if your symptoms continue or gets worse despite doing so.
Take good care of yourself, and don’t be afraid to ask Marham for assistance if you ever need it. While home remedies might quickly relieve loose motion, it’s advised to consult a general physician if symptoms worsen or persist.
1. Is milk good for loose motion?
Milk may be difficult to digest if the intestinal enzyme necessary for milk digestion has been washed out by diarrhea. Even once the loose motions have ceased, it is advised to stay away from milk and milk products for at least 3–4 days so that the enzyme can be created properly once more.
2. What is the difference between loose stool and diarrhea?
If you have three or more loose stools per day, it is classified as diarrhea. Conversely, having fewer loose stools does not meet the criteria for diarrhea. Both conditions may present symptoms such as abdominal pain, cramping, and other gastrointestinal discomfort.
3. Does ORS help loose motion?
ORS is a straightforward and effective solution that can be employed in communities and healthcare facilities to prevent and manage dehydration caused by diarrhea, and subsequently reduce the mortality rate associated with diarrhea.